It’s time to give those New Year’s resolutions a makeover.
Instead of torturing yourself with a resolution you wont stick to, why not try something fun and achievable this year?
Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) can provide epic adventures, and help you create unforgettable memories. There are many ways to keep your resolutions while you learn new skills and get in shape at the same time.
This year, make a resolution to:
- LEARN to PADDLEBOARD – Get out on the water and experience SUP for yourself. You can take individual lessons, or sign up for a group class. SUP is a great activity for all ages or fitness levels.
- BRAVE the WHITEWATER – If you haven’t tried whitewater paddling, hit the rapids with an experienced paddler
- LEARN TO SURF – If you’ve always wanted to surf, take a trip to the coast and catch a wave!
- CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO A RACE – Sign up for one and experience new places, and new levels of stoke!
- BECOME a YOGI – Learn to do SUP yoga, it’s a great way to get in shape
- TAKE a TRIP – Consider traveling to a paddleboard destination. A paddleboarding outfitter can provide everything you’ll need – from boards and gear, to classes and accommodations. You could explore the area, and socialize with others who share your love of the sport.
Whatever your resolutions are, there are many great reasons to SUP:
- It can help you reach your fitness goals, and it’s a fun way to get in shape and lose weight
- It can help relieve stress – being out on the water can work wonders for relieving stress
- You’ll sleep better – Physical activity can help you sleep better
Here are some ideas that can help you keep your resolutions:
PACE YOURSELF – Remember to pace yourself when first starting out and don’t over do it. You don’t want your muscles to be so sore that you have to take several days off to recover – that will throw off your momentum.
SHARE YOUR RESOLUTION – It’s been proven that if we share our resolutions with others, we’re more likely to keep them. So whatever your goal is, the best way to achieve it is to start telling people. Your friends can support you, and help keep you on track. This will motivate you to get out on the water and keep working toward your goal.
VISUALIZE the END RESULT – Focus on why you made this resolution, think about the end goal and how it will make you feel when you accomplish it.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS – Whether you’re training for a competition or trying to lose weight, keep a journal or checklist and document the progress you make towards your goal. This will keep you focused and show you how well you’re doing with your New Year’s resolution!
You Only Live Once – so make 2018 the year for SUP adventures!